You may not know what this is, but I do:
This is life-changing, relaxing, skin cleaning, HOT water. I was hoping for some glorious steamy shot (heh, that’s what she said), but unfortunately the setting isn’t hot enough for steam, so, instead, you’ll just get the picture though my words and since you all probably know what hot water feels like since you did not go an astounding six weeks without it, then you can imagine steam coming from that wonderful fall of water.
That’s right, six weeks. Six unimaginable, awful weeks of freezing showers, water boiling, and dirty everything. Some things I’ve learned:
- Cold water does not get soap residue or shampoo/conditioner out like warm water.
- I smell bad when I take showers with cold water…. bad
- Carrying ginormous pots of boiling water down the stairs or hallway is scary, especially with a crawling infant under your feet.
- Taking cold showers actually take longer than even a long warm shower. Why? You’d think I’d rush right through it. But when you can’t just put your whole body under the water at once to wash up, it takes a tremendous amount of time to get clean.
- I am glad I didn’t live in the times when there was no hot, running water. Six weeks was enough.
So, now we are back with the lavish amenity of hot water, and when I say doing dishes, giving Owen a bath, doing laundry and bleaching the counters is joyous now, it’s an understatement. These things take so much longer when you’re boiling water to get them done.
Let’s all say good-bye to this nasty life-ruining beast:
And say hello to my new best friends:
I will never take you for granted. When I walk by you, I might give you a wink and say “hey friends, nice to see you working so hard today, keep up the good work!”
What I don’t love about my new friends and much needed hot water? The ridiculous amount of money we now owe my in-laws to pay them back for giving us the money to pay for it.